Information Delivery Services (IDS)
Need a book, media item, or journal article? Request it through IDS and we'll deliver it to you.
Sign into Your IDS Account
Access your IDS Account to...
- Place a new request
- Check the status of a request
- Renew your IDS materials
- Download delivered articles
- Update your contact information
- And more...
Requesting your textbooks through IDS?
Milne Library has greatly expanded its Textbook Reserve program. This means that a larger number of your textbooks are available at the Service Desk for 4-hour loans, allowing as many students as possible to benefit from this collection.
Although we understand your need to have a textbook for the entire semester, please note that IDS will not borrow a copy of items on Textbook Reserve from other libraries. This is due to our agreement with other libraries to not request materials that we already have available.
Please also note the following:
- If you do request a textbook that we have on reserve, we will notify you via email that it is available for use at the Service Desk. It may be helpful to bring this email with you, as it will help the Service Desk staff locate the item.
- The latest edition of textbooks are extremely hard to borrow. If we don't already own a copy of a recent edition, we will try our best to borrow one for you.
- You are typically unable to borrow textbooks through IDS for an entire semester. Many libraries only allow 4-6 week loan periods.
- Please do not mark in borrowed textbooks (or any books for that matter) or you may be responsible for replacement charges.
How does IDS work?
Place a request wherever you see the blue "Get It" button or by logging into your IDS account.
- If Milne has it, we'll get it and deliver it to you (usually within 1-2 days).
- Otherwise, we'll try to get it from another library or vendor (usually within 3-7 days).
We'll notify you via email when your items arrive, or if we run into any difficulties.
How do I renew my IDS materials?
The easy way: log into your IDS Account and view your checked out items. Then click on the transaction number for the item you need to renew and click the "Renew" link at the top of the page.
The easier way: use the link we send you in our renewal reminder emails.
We'll notify you via email once the lending library responds to your renewal request.
IDS billing policy
Although IDS materials do not accrue daily overdue charges, you are responsible for any replacement charges assessed by the lending library. To avoid any charges, all items need to be returned by the due date and in good condition.
- You will be notified via email if replacement charges have been applied to your account.
- If you return your item within one week from the date of the billing notice, you will be refunded the amount less a $10 non-refundable processing fee.
- After one week from the date of the billing notice, no refund will be issued and a block will be placed upon your IDS account, preventing you from placing new requests or checking out IDS materials. At this point the billed items are yours to keep.
- Note that any outstanding charges on your library account may be applied to your student account, preventing you from registering for classes or receiving grades and transcripts.
Off-campus delivery service
Studying off campus? If you're beyond a 20 mile radius from campus, IDS can mail your books and media to you. Contact the IDS Office
for more details about this service.
Information for other libraries
If your institution would like to borrow materials from Milne Library's collection but does not participate in OCLC Resource Sharing, sign up for a Lending Library Account and place your requests online
. If you are not a current SUNY Geneseo student, faculty, or staff member and are interested in borrowing materials from Milne Library, please view our Community Access Policies
or contact your local library regarding interlibrary loan services.